Jason Shore, Divorce, Family & Immigration Law Attorney
Jason Shore is a partner at Stern Perkoski Mendez practicing divorce and family law, as well as immigration law. Fluent in Spanish and passionate about supporting children and families, Jason fiercely and proudly advocates for his clients during immigration cases, as a Guardian Ad Litem (GAL) and in divorce and family law cases.
Whether trying to keep a family together in the United States during an immigration case, or delicately discerning how to navigate divorce, Jason understands that his clients seek legal help at difficult points in their lives. He is a careful listener who develops cost-effective, winning strategies, all while offering support and ensuring his clients understand every step of the process.
As an expert in immigration law, Jason supports clients in need of a Permanent Resident Card (also known as “Green Card”), Work Permit or U.S. Citizenship. His experience as an immigration lawyer includes family-based visa applications, motions to reopen and reconsider denials of visa/status applications, representing clients at immigration interviews, and representing clients at removal/deportation proceedings.
Appointed by the Court as a Guardian Ad Litem (GAL), Jason also represents minors in custody proceedings by conducting an investigation for the Court and providing both reports and recommendations as to the best interests of the children. His experience as a GAL is invaluable to potential clients looking for an attorney in a divorce or parentage case—but his best experience yet is having his own daughter.
As a father, Jason empathizes with how much each of his clients cares for their own children. He is committed to understanding each family’s unique situation and working towards the best solution for any children involved. Whether a client is being illegally denied visitation or unjustly denied child support, Jason has successfully won cases for dozens of parents through his advocacy.
Throughout his career, Jason has been well-respected among the Chicagoland and DuPage legal communities, both as an attorney and GAL. He joined Stern Perkoski in 2022 as Partner after working as a Senior Associate at Mevorah & Giglio.
Divorce & Family Law Services
- Attorney-Assisted Mediation
- Child Relocation and Removal
- Child Support
- Divorce (Dissolution of Marriage)
- Divorce Litigation
- Enforcement of Judgments
- LGBTQ+ (Same-Sex) Divorce
- Maintenance (Alimony)
- Modification of Judgments
- Negotiated Divorce Settlements
- Parental Allocation (Sole and Joint Custody)
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Property Division in Divorce
- Uncontested and Amicable Divorce
Immigration Law Services
- Family-Based Visa Applications
- Motions to Reopen and Reconsider Denials of Visa/Status Applications
- Permanent Resident Cards (“Green Cards”)
- Representing Clients at Immigration Interviews
- Representing Clients at Removal/Deportation Proceedings
- U.S. Citizenship
- Work Permits
Jason Shore received his J.D. from DePaul University and his B.A. from the University of Iowa.
Bar Admissions & Associations
Jason is admitted to practice in Illinois and in the U.S. District Court in the Northern District of Illinois. He is a member of the DuPage County Bar Association, the Chicago Bar Association, the American Immigration Lawyers Association and the Illinois State Bar Association.
- Rising Stars, Illinois Super Lawyers, 2018-Present
- Avvo, Clients’ Choice, 2017
- Avvo, Superb Rating
- Elite Lawyer, 2018 – Present
- “Jason Shore Celebrates One Year at Stern Perkoski Mendez”, November 15, 2023
- “What’s the Difference Between a Fiancé Visa and a Spousal Visa?”, July 13, 2022
- “Stern Perkoski Mendez Opens New Divorce, Family and Immigration Law Office in DuPage County”, May 5, 2022
- “What’s the Difference Between a Fiancé Visa and a Spousal Visa?”, May 2, 2022
- “Jason Shore Joins Stern Perkoski Mendez as Partner”, May 2, 2022
“Throughout the entire process Jason took the time to explain each area in depth and help educate my wife and me. The level of detail and diligence was clear to see and led to a successful application. In addition to this, Jason and Vanessa were very communicative and answered any questions or concerns we had. I would greatly recommend Jason Shore for any immigration matters.” (Matt, Oakbrook)
“Quite an outstanding human being. I try to find the words to describe Mr. Shore. He truly is the best attorney I’ve ever had during my immigration case. He’s very aware of what he is doing and is very reassuring. Ever since Jason started working on my case, I can sleep at night again thanks to him. I’ve never had better legal counsel before in my life, and I will continue to recommend him to everyone who needs a family or immigration attorney.” (Anonymous)
“I hired Jason for my divorce based off a recommendation from a friend, and I could not have been happier! He was very attentive, empathetic and always had my back. From the minute I stepped into his office, I knew he would do whatever he could to achieve the best results. I am extremely satisfied and happy with his representation!” (Anonymous)
Jason Shore, Esq.
1603 Orrington Avenue, Suite 800
Evanston, Illinois 60201
161 N. Clark Street, Suite 1600
Chicago, Illinois 60601
250 E. Illinois Road, Suite 200
Lake Forest, Illinois 60045
1200 Jorie Boulevard, Suite 312
Oak Brook, Illinois 60523