Amy Silberstein, Divorce & Family Law Attorney
Amy Silberstein, Esq.
1603 Orrington Avenue, Suite 800
Evanston, Illinois 60201
161 N. Clark Street, Suite 1600
Chicago, Illinois 60601
250 E. Illinois Road, Suite 200
Lake Forest, Illinois 60045
1200 Jorie Boulevard, Suite 312
Oak Brook, Illinois 60523
Amy Silberstein is a partner at Stern Perkoski Mendez. Amy’s practice is concentrated in divorce and family law.
Putting her clients first, Amy takes the time to listen before offering guidance. As a child of divorce, Amy approaches every situation with a heightened understanding of the legal and personal issues involved for both parents and children, and always lends a sympathetic ear.
Her steadfast dedication to her clients’ well-being and zealous advocacy on their behalf is reflected in the positive outcomes she elicits on every matter—regardless of how difficult or contentious.
Eager to give back to her community, Amy served as a law clerk for the Chicago Legal Clinic’s Domestic Relations Division before joining the firm. There she met with clients and prepared necessary documents related to their representation. She also worked as a law clerk at a boutique family law firm in Chicago.
Amy has been working at Stern Perkoski Mendez since 2016 and was promoted to partner in 2022.
Divorce & Family Law Services
- Attorney-Assisted Mediation
- Child Relocation and Removal
- Child Support
- Divorce (Dissolution of Marriage)
- Divorce Litigation
- Enforcement of Judgments
- LGBTQ+ (Same-Sex) Divorce
- Maintenance (Alimony)
- Modification of Judgments
- Negotiated Divorce Settlements
- Parental Allocation (Sole and Joint Custody)
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Property Division in Divorce
- Uncontested and Amicable Divorce
Education & Experience
Amy holds her J.D. from DePaul University College of Law with a certificate in family law, and her B.A. in political science and history from Michigan State University’s Honors College.
During law school, Amy served as Vice President of the Child and Family Law Association; was awarded a family law fellowship from the Schiller DuCanto & Fleck LLP Family Law Center; and was the recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Matrimony Drafting. Amy also participated in DePaul’s Family Law Legal Clinic, where she used her 711 law student license to represent and advocate for domestic relations and domestic violence clients.
Bar Admissions & Associations
Amy is admitted to practice in Illinois. She is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, Chicago Bar Association and Women’s Bar Association. She also serves on the Illinois State Bar Association Child Law Committee.
- “Will My Mental Health Impact My Divorce and Parenting Time?”, October 06, 2022
- “The Trend Away From The Every Other Weekend Parent”, June 23, 2022
- “Amy Silberstein Promoted to Partner”, April 1, 2022
- “Amy Silberstein and Evan Compton Named Super Lawyers Rising Stars”, February 11, 2022
- “My Divorce Was Just Finalized. What’s Next?”, January 11, 2022
- “Understanding the Difference Between a Guardian Ad Litem and Child Representative”, June 2, 2021
- “Co-Parenting During COVID-19”, March 19, 2021
- “College (and Post-High School Education) Expenses: When Should I File for Contribution?”, October 5, 2020
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2022
- Awarded by Illinois Super Lawyers, the designation is granted to the top 2.5% of lawyers under 40 years of age in Illinois
- “Co-Parenting During COVID-19”
Illinois State Bar Association’s Section on Child Law Newsletter, January 2021
- “How Applicable Is the Decision of In re Marriage of Salvatore? Only Time and Future Appeals Will Tell”
Illinois State Bar Association’s Section on Child Law Newsletter, August 2019
- Ascend Justice – Young Professionals Board Member
- Jewish United Fund