Evan Compton, Divorce & Family Law Attorney
Evan Compton is a divorce and family law associate with Stern Perkoski Mendez.
Evan discovered family law through his interest in adoption. His passion for legal research and family law has made him a fierce and thorough advocate. Due to his experience and training, Evan is able to sympathetically and carefully guide families through their domestic relations matters.
Evan’s focus in every case is seeking a resolution that best suits the needs of his clients—and ensuring that each client is given every bit of attention that their case deserves.
Despite working throughout his law school education, Evan found time to give back to the community through the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, where he assisted in the investigation of child abuse and child welfare cases. Evan also was also an extern with the Chicago Legal Clinic’s Domestic Relation Division.
Divorce & Family Law Services
- Adoption Law
- Attorney-Assisted Mediation
- Child Relocation and Removal
- Child Support
- Divorce (Dissolution of Marriage)
- Divorce Litigation
- Enforcement of Judgments
- LGBTQ+ (Same-Sex) Divorce
- Maintenance (Alimony)
- Modification of Judgments
- Negotiated Divorce Settlements
- Parental Allocation (Sole and Joint Custody)
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Property Division in Divorce
- Uncontested and Amicable Divorce
Education & Experience
Evan obtained his J.D. from DePaul University College of Law with a certificate in family law, and his B.A. in English, with a minor in Economics, from Michigan State University. While attending DePaul University College of Law, he acted as the President of the Child and Family Law Association and served on its Moot Court team.
Prior to joining Stern Perkoski Mendez, Evan worked at a fast-paced litigation firm, handling the bulk of the firm’s family law matters.
Bar Admissions & Associations
Evan is a member of the Illinois bar, the Illinois State Bar Association and Chicago Bar Association.
- “How do I fill out a financial affidavit properly?”, April 6, 2021
- “Do Children Have A Say In Parenting Schedules?”, Aug 23, 2020
- “Should I Return My Engagement Ring?”, April 8, 2020