Martin Sliwinski, Divorce & Family Law Attorney
Martin Sliwinski, Esq.
1603 Orrington Avenue, Suite 800
Evanston, Illinois 60201
161 N. Clark Street, Suite 1600
Chicago, Illinois 60601
250 E. Illinois Road, Suite 200
Lake Forest, Illinois 60045
1200 Jorie Boulevard, Suite 312
Oak Brook, Illinois 60523
Martin Sliwinski is a divorce and family law associate with Stern Perkoski Mendez. He concentrates his practice on various matters related to family law, including high conflict divorce cases, pre- and postnuptial agreements and complex financial analysis.
Martin works diligently and efficiently to walk clients through every phase of whatever issue they face, and to guide clients to the best possible outcomes for their individual case. He does so by listening carefully to clients, advocating zealously for them and making informed and well-prepared arguments before the Court.
While in law school, Martin received three CALI Awards of Excellence for the highest grades in the Justice and Technology Practicum, Securities and Regulations and International Comparative Antitrust. He also served as treasurer of the Child and Family Law Society and volunteered at the Domestic Violence Courthouse in Chicago, where he assisted domestic violence victims with emergency orders of protection.
Martin also served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Helaine L. Berger in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Domestic Relations Division in Chicago. He assisted the Judge in the editing and refining of court opinions and judgments, writing formal memorandums and making recommendations on the merits of motions. He also researched Illinois statutes and case law as it pertained to various pleadings.
Martin joined Stern Perkoski Mendez in 2020 and is ecstatic to bring his experience in family law, as well as his financial background, to the firm.
Divorce & Family Law Services
- Attorney-Assisted Mediation
- Child Relocation and Removal
- Child Support
- Divorce (Dissolution of Marriage)
- Divorce Litigation
- Enforcement of Judgments
- LGBTQ+ (Same-Sex) Divorce
- Maintenance (Alimony)
- Modification of Judgments
- Negotiated Divorce Settlements
- Parental Allocation (Sole and Joint Custody)
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Property Division in Divorce
- Uncontested and Amicable Divorce
Martin received his J.D. from Chicago-Kent College of Law with a certificate in business law. He received his B.A. from Cornell University after graduating in three years with a dual major in Economics and Government.
Bar Admissions & Associations
Martin is admitted to practice in Illinois. He is a member of the Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association and the North Suburban Bar Association.
- “How Long Will Zoom Court Last in Illinois?”, February 10, 2023
- “Maintenance, Child Support and Cash-based Businesses”, August 24, 2022
- “Do I need a 604.10 evaluator on my divorce case?”, April 29, 2022
- “How Long Will Illinois Courts be on Zoom?”, January 6, 2022
- “How Does My Spouse Cheating On Me Affect My Divorce?”, May 10, 2021
- “Get to Know Martin Sliwinski”, April 20, 2021
- “Who Gets to Keep the Pets after Divorce?”, November 1, 2020