Marvin Mendez, Divorce & Family Law Attorney
Marvin Mendez is a partner at Stern Perkoski Mendez and practices divorce and family law. Recognized as a results-oriented counselor, Marvin has the ability to consume and dissect complex financial documents that can strike at the core of some of the most tenuous parts of a separation.
Marvin is passionate about creating safe spaces in which his clients can express discreet and personal ideas. A parent himself, Marvin’s ultimate goal when children are involved is to maximize the welfare and civility for the family unit. He successfully executes the crafting, litigation and enforcement of pre- and post-decree matters, while firmly advocating over custodial proceedings treating child custody, child support and visitation with compassion and care.
Using his meticulous problem-solving techniques and in-depth knowledge of family law, Marvin advances expedient results and resolutions. He has successfully litigated high-profile cases and advocated for his clients’ positions in the courtroom. As a compassionate trial attorney, Marvin strives for nothing less than professional excellence.
Throughout his career, Marvin has been well-respected among Chicagoland judges and attorneys, both as a collaborator to opposing counsel and as a negotiator. He was a partner at DWK and joined Stern Perkoski in 2020 to form Stern Perkoski Mendez.
Divorce & Family Law Services
- Attorney-Assisted Mediation
- Child Relocation and Removal
- Child Support
- Divorce (Dissolution of Marriage)
- Divorce Litigation
- Enforcement of Judgments
- Maintenance (Alimony)
- Modification of Judgments
- Negotiated Divorce Settlements
- Parental Allocation (Sole and Joint Custody)
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Property Division in Divorce
- Uncontested and Amicable Divorce
Marvin Mendez received his J.D. from John Marshall Law School. He received his B.A. from Northeastern Illinois University.
Bar Admissions & Associations
Marvin is admitted to practice in Illinois. He is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and the Chicago Bar Association, and serves as Director of the North Shore Bar Association.
- Rising Stars, Illinois Super Lawyers, 2019-2020
- “40 Under Forty” Illinois Attorneys to Watch, Law Bulletin Media, 2017
- Emerging Lawyer in Family Law, Leading Lawyers, 2016