Marvin Mendez, Divorce & Family Law Attorney
Marvin Mendez, Esq.
1603 Orrington Avenue, Suite 800
Evanston, Illinois 60201
161 N. Clark Street, Suite 1600
Chicago, Illinois 60601
250 E. Illinois Road, Suite 200
Lake Forest, Illinois 60045
1200 Jorie Boulevard, Suite 312
Oak Brook, Illinois 60523
Marvin Mendez is a principal at Stern Perkoski Mendez and practices divorce and family law. Recognized as a results-oriented counselor, Marvin has the ability to consume and dissect complex financial documents that can strike at the core of some of the most tenuous parts of a separation.
Marvin is passionate about creating safe spaces in which his clients can express discreet and personal ideas. A parent himself, Marvin’s ultimate goal when children are involved is to maximize the welfare and civility for the family unit. He successfully executes the crafting, litigation and enforcement of pre- and post-decree matters, while firmly advocating over custodial proceedings treating child custody, child support and visitation with compassion and care.
Using his meticulous problem-solving techniques and in-depth knowledge of family law, Marvin advances expedient results and resolutions. He has successfully litigated high-profile cases and advocated for his clients’ positions in the courtroom. As a compassionate trial attorney, Marvin strives for nothing less than professional excellence.
Throughout his career, Marvin has been well-respected among Chicagoland judges and attorneys, both as a collaborator to opposing counsel and as a negotiator. He was a partner at DWK and joined Stern Perkoski in 2020 to form Stern Perkoski Mendez.
Divorce & Family Law Services
- Attorney-Assisted Mediation
- Child Relocation and Removal
- Child Support
- Divorce (Dissolution of Marriage)
- Divorce Litigation
- Enforcement of Judgments
- LGBTQ+ (Same-Sex) Divorce
- Maintenance (Alimony)
- Modification of Judgments
- Negotiated Divorce Settlements
- Parental Allocation (Sole and Joint Custody)
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Property Division in Divorce
- Uncontested and Amicable Divorce
Marvin Mendez received his J.D. from John Marshall Law School. He received his B.A. from Northeastern Illinois University.
Bar Admissions & Associations
Marvin is admitted to practice in Illinois. He is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and the Chicago Bar Association, and serves as Director of the North Suburban Bar Association.
- Rising Stars, Illinois Super Lawyers, 2019-2020
- “40 Under Forty” Illinois Attorneys to Watch, Law Bulletin Media, 2017
- Emerging Lawyer in Family Law, Leading Lawyers, 2016
- “How to Get Relief from Divorce,” Video Interview with Jaime Bronstein on LA Talk Radio, March 2021
- “I Found a Divorce Attorney. Now What?”, November 22, 2022
- “What Happens When I Get Served Divorce Papers?”, November 11, 2022
- “How does a recession impact divorce and child support?”, August 12, 2022
- “Dividing Student Loans in Divorce”, July 6, 2022
- “Love in the time of COVID-19”, January 26, 2022
- “Child Relocation During the COVID-19 Pandemic”, December 31, 2021
- “Get to Know Marvin Mendez”, July 26, 2021
- “Connect with Marvin Mendez and the North Suburban Bar Association (NSBA)”, March 24, 2021
- “Interview with Marvin Mendez”, March 9, 2021